I have become rather nostalgic lately. Its part of the aging process I'm sure but i think it's also a product of my generation. I, and I assume the majority of you, are part of that limbo generation that isn't quite Gen X or Gen Y. It's a funny little group of people who have grown up half wholesome with shows like Full House, Blossom and Hanging with Mr Cooper and half thrust into the I-evolution with iMac, iPod, iPhones, iPads and isnack (vegemites disgrace). I think because we had a taste of life before playing wii tennis as a form of exercise that every now and then we develop a longing for those wholesome moments from our past.
There is a great website a friend of mine stumbled across the other day that pretty much encapsulates every single 80s/90s nostalgic memory you can conjure up.
Remember these?
![]() |
| I'm pretty sure I had this exact dancing flower. Did he make music too? I think he did! |
![]() |
| Dancing Cola Can! - SO Cool! |
![]() |
| Slap Bands!!!!!!! |
![]() |
| I think I decapitated my one of these when it flew into the ceiling fan |
Or how about these shows?
![]() |
| He-man - Dreamboat! |
![]() |
"Not the momma!!!!" |
I could go on and on, this website will send you in to a nostalgic overdrive.
Here are some of my favourite food memories.
Here are some of my favourite food memories.
![]() |
| Snoopy snow cones |
![]() |
| Marshmallow cones |
![]() |
| Definitely cracked a filling or two on these little babies |
![]() |
| LOVE! |
![]() |
| I can't remember if I had this one or the snoopy one they both look so familiar |
![]() |
| I don't remember the strawberry filled ones but the chocolate ones were so good! |
![]() |
| Every kids dream corner store treat - Bubble Tape |
As a kid who was never allowed to eat junk food, I'm surprised at how many of my food memories are full of sugar. I must have been fantasising about them because I can’t imagine my parents ever buying me any of these.
I find these trips down memory lane very soothing, like a kind of comfort food for the soul. I’ve been a little frazzled lately and I found a day on this page calmed me somewhat . . . Well calmed me and excited the beejesus out of me as I started remembering all of this cool stuff! Kids these days got nothing on us!
Check it out http://www.imremembering.com/ but be warned it’s addictive, you’ll need to set aside the time.














No comments:
Post a Comment