I used cooked quinoa for this recipe because it’s more convenient in the mornings at work, but if you wanted to make it from scratch it would taste just as good but would take about 15 minutes.
Ingredients
- 1/3 cup of cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons of oats (optional, it just helps thicken it up a bit)
- 125ml of rice milk (you can use any milk you like. Water will also work.)
- Drizzle of Ayams organic light coconut milk ( this is optional I think it makes it taste like an island holiday and at 8am at work that is never a bad daydream)
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- Sheeps milk yoghurt
Toppings
You can use anything you like but any combination of the below works for me
- Chopped walnuts and almonds (any nuts would work)
- Defrosted frozen berries
- Fresh fig
- Organic blueberries
- Dried coconut flakes
My current favourite combo is fresh fig, walnuts and flaked coconut. Delicious!
Method
(If I’m at home I use the stove top but at work the microwave is just too convenient to refuse)
Stove top
- Combine cooked quinoa, oats, rice milk, coconut milk, ground cinnamon and chia seeds in small saucepan
- Stir continuously for 5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Add more milk if necessary
- Serve in bowl with dollop of sheep’s milk yoghurt and combination of any of the toppings (or put all of them on, god knows I’ve done that a few times.)
Microwave
Instead of cooking on stove for 5 minutes pop in the microwave on high for 2 minutes making sure you stir half way through. Voila! Still tastes just as good and is super speedy.
I gotta say though there is still something so very soothing and almost hypnotic about stirring porridge on the stove.
Enjoy x

No comments:
Post a Comment